Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's Always Sunny in Danville

I know that most of the country has had a pretty mild winter but it was 70 degrees and sunny here in Danville and it will most likely be around 75 and sunny tomorrow.  Granted it did rain for two days earlier in the week but who am I to complain.

A view from almost all the way up Mt. Diablo.  We live in the valley just at the bottom of the mountain.
I decided that today I would go for a ride up Mt. Diablo to continue to build the climbing into my legs.  I had a couple of rides during the week at work and was feeling pretty good for this weekend.  I kept a good tempo to the halfway point (The Junction) up Mt. Diablo and actually set my second fastest time to that point (29:20).  I was less than a minute off my best time (28:35) and I didn't feel like I was really struggling or pressing the pace and it was definitely windy.  I rode another quarter of the way up the mountain at a slower pace to the spot you see above (Juniper Point) and called it a day.

New helmet and sunglasses.  Kelsey thinks the sunglasses look ridiculous but they work great.
Planning on going on the team ride tomorrow and it looks to be a tough one.  I am starting to get an understanding of how my body reacts to different training patterns and hopefully this will help in preparing for races later in the year.  I still have a long season ahead of me and I am trying not to peak or burn out too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment